Pledge to NRA Members
- Continued Grassroots quest: I will continue fighting for our rights along with my fellow members around the nation, working with grassroots issues and on long term solutions by using and making personal connections. Example: Every years since 2013 I have been in the field
- Nomination by petition: I will ALWAYS run by petition, look members in the eye & meet them in person at events all over the nation. If I am elected to the board I will stay as long as I am of use to the members by continuing to earn their their trust even if nominated by the internal nominating committee in the future.
- Term limit: I will be 48 years old in May 2018 when I would be sworn in for my second term should the members elect me again. I will have served 3 years of my promise not serve more than 15 years or five terms. I have term limited myself. If I should be lucky enough to remain a board member and continue be of use to the members I will stay until my 60th birthday (the meeting following). I will, if asked, continue to serve on a committee, but I will not take a board seat, I want to make room for new board members.This by no means should indicate that I will be giving up or walking away. I will never stop vigorously fighting for our rights.
- On my dime: I believe that every dollar that the NRA gets should be used for education, politics or other missions of the Association. I have always paid my way and I always will. The NRA will never pay for my hotels room, food, travel or anything else. I will always make a donation to the NRA well in excess of any cost I can not directly pay for. I will never cost the members, I respect their hard earned dollars. I am blessed to be able to do this, not everyone can.
- Communication: I will always keep the lines of communication open with the members by mail (Please see why). My business address if found on my contact page.
- Be visible to members: My roll is that of a visible advocate for the members. Yes I do need to attend meetings and attend to the business of the NRA, but I know that the members are the roots of the NRA and I will never forget that. I always walk the floor of the annual meeting and set aside static time where I can be found by members at every NRA annual meeting. I often go to Great American Outdoor Show and other NRA events to meet members, listen to their concerns and share in their stories. Look for me. I will be out there with my name tag on.
- Business of the NRA: I have attended every NRA board meeting since I was elected in 2015, unless I have a family commitment I can not miss or a major health issue, I will be there. I always post my attendance on this website. The members hire me so they should know that I am attending to the business of our association.