TIM'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AFFILIATIONS AND HONORS
Memberships, awards and affiliations do NOT imply endorsement. Designated trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners and do not imply endorsements.
I was the founder & architect of the statewide grassroots Colorado Recall movement in 2013. I had the first conversation about recalling a state legislator with a friend in January of 2013. From there, I ended up being involved in some way with four of the five recall efforts in Colorado (two attempts were made against Evie Hudak, who resigned on the 2nd attempt rather than face a recall election). Seeing myself referred to as "the Godfather of the Recalls" in print still makes me laugh. As of 2014 all 4 politicians (Morse, Giron, McLachlan & Hudak) who faced a recall have been removed by either the ballot box or resignation.
I was the President of the Basic Freedom Defense Fund, the NRA's 2014 Jay M. Littlefield Memorial Volunteer Organization of the Year Award winner. The BFDF made 137 years of Colorado history by recalling Colorado Senate President John Morse (the first success recall in state history) and established a legal umbrella with my Board that later allowed us to offer a joint defense agreement to Pueblo Freedom and Rights (recalling Senator Angela Giron). This kept both successful recalls legal and clear through several court challenges and put us in a position to negotiate with the NRA, NSSF and others to support the recalls and what roles each would and could play.
I currently serve on the National Rifle Association of America's Board of Directors. I sit on both the Clubs & Associations and Grassroots Committees. The Board of Directors meets three times a year. As a director I legally represents the interests of the National Rifles Association of Americas members by way of an election of voting members. I serve at their pleasure for a three year term and I am then up for re-election (my term ends in 2018). The NRA Board of Directors is made up of 76 members from across the country. Each year 25 of those seats are up for election. One seat, the 76th seat is a one year term voted on by the members in attendance at the NRA annual meeting. The directors position is unpaid.
As a members representative, I have the responsibility of establishing, guiding and assessing the overall direction of the Association through my attendance at board meetings I am grassroots activist for the 2nd Amendment, the whole constitution for that matter, so I am often traveling around the country working with other members hand in hand proving to them that they can and must make a difference for their rights. I do this on my one dime gladly and I hope to earn your trust and respect. Proving that I am worth it is the best result. I have chosen not to take any reimbursements for any costs/expenses while serving the members.
I have been a small business owner for 15 years and a Boy Scouts of America District leader (District Commissioner in two different district) for 5 years.
I'm a multiple graduate of Thunder Ranch and Gunsite in pistol, rifle, shotgun disciplines. I have continued my education in home and vehicle defense, NFA weapon instruction, multiple conceal carry classes, force on force training, close quarters training and long range shooting at these schools (and others). I continually train to remain effective in protecting my family, better serve as reserve officer and to instruct others. I have been a daily CCW practitioner since 1999 (Started carrying in 1991) and I am a NFA owner. I grew up in a household that very much valued hunting and that tradition continues in our house. I also had the unique opportunity of growing up next to a US Army marksmanship team member allowing me to attend many matches and learn the importance of competitive shooting from an early age.
I AM PROUD HOLDER OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Eagle Scout & Vigil Honor
Class of 1988 (BSA)
- Leave No Trace: Master Educator
- NRA: 2014 Jay M. Littlefield Memorial Volunteer Organization of the Year Award: Basic Freedom Defense Fund (Timothy Knight Founder)
- Certified NRA Instructor: Pistol & Refuse to be a Victim. Range Safety Officer.
- Four time Philmont Training Center attendance – BSA National Leader Training Center
- William T. Hornaday Gold Badge for Excellence in conservation education (BSA)
- NRA- ILA Defender of the 2nd Amendment 2014: Tim Knight
I HAVE MEMBERSHIPS TO THE FOLLOWING PRO-RIGHTs, HUNTING GROUPS & Civil organizations:
Memberships and affiliations do NOT imply endorsement. Designated trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners and do not imply endorsements.
It is an Honor
Service to the Members, they are my boss & I will never forget that.
- NRA - Benefactor Life since 2003 &
Golden Eagle Member
(My son was made a Benefactor Member the day after he was born. My wife is a Life Member)
- AR15.com - Life Member - class of 2008
- New York State Rifle and Pistol Association - Life Member
- Second Amendment Sisters -
Associate Life Member
- Law Enforcement Alliance of America - Life Member
- Gun Owners of South Carolina -
- Gun Owners of California - Member
- Safari Club International - Member
- National Shooting Sports Foundation - Member
- NRA Whittington Center – Sustaining Life "Pioneer" Member
- Buckeye Firearms Association - Member
- Iowa Firearms Coalition - Life Member
- Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms - Patron Member
- Gun Owners of America - Life Member
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation -
- Wild Sheep Foundation - Life Member
- Arizona Citizen Defense League -
The Book that changed my life. The lies of Arming America got me to join the NRA . Later becoming a NRA Director & Charlton Heston Society Ambassador
- NRA - Ring of Freedom - Loyalty Fund
- Charter Member
NRA - Heritage Society:
Charlton Heston Society Ambassador
- Texas State Rifle Association -
Life Defender Member
- Second Amendment Foundation - Committee of One Thousand
- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) - Life Member
- California Rifle and Pistol Association - Life Member
- Ducks Unlimited - Member
- American Suppressor Association - Member
- National Wild Turkey Fundation - Member
Memberships and affiliations do NOT imply endorsement. Designated trademarks and brands are property of their respective owners and
do not imply endorsements.